Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello general public

It is interesting. I have come to discover that my first post was viewed by more than a single pair of eyes. This means more than just my mother! Excellent. Now, a normal person would feel satisfied in this fact, and then would probably proceed to write about whatever it is that was on their minds. I, however am feeling as though I am faced with a dilemma. I made reference to my (at the time) presumed reader as reader(s) in my last post. But now that I know I was graced with more than one, I could remove the bracket, and just assume that my "numbers" will stay up. But does that make me seem presumptuous? Will this lead to an image of pompousness, taking into account that it was only my first blog entry, and people may have just been humoring me? If I do keep the bracket that may make me look as though I have low esteem and confidence in the ability of my writing to hold and audience. This, as we know, can unconsciously convince people that they shouldn't read my posts, due to the fact that even the author has little faith in the quality of the writing. So now I am not sure what I should do. Maybe I could discard referencing the reader at all? So I am going to have to ask you, my reader or readers, to please, comment, let me know that is best. For the rest of my post, I am going to just stick to the reader(s) option, before the feed back pours in.

Now, I am reading a book about the feminine journey to a place of power and embracing a female point of view where spirituality is concerned. I am having a time and a half trying to really understand what the author is trying to communicate to me through the telling of her journey. To be perfectly transparent, I feel that some of the content of the book is very new age, full of many symbols and rituals and awakenings. But I do think that the basic point behind it, to have a spiritual place that is purely feminine, and not a path that is filtered through a male dominated experience, is going to be very freeing. I don't know how much you want to now about my inner struggle reader(s), but being a girl is, at times, hard for me. I was under the incorrect assumption for many years that to be female meant to be weak, dependant, quiet, small and submissive. To be at the foot of the man that is over us. But I am seeing now that this is not at all how God intended it to be. Females are nurturing and loving and domestic to be sure, but we are also strong. Men were called to work and provide for his family, but women were given the task of growing and delivering children, nine months of giving up her own body to another being. Then we are responsible to the next generation to raise competent and well rounded human beings who can take our civilization where we ourselves could not take it. When I think about it, God gave his ONLY son, to a woman to care for. He trusted his most sacred and beloved creation to Mary. This has to say something about the importance of the female presence. And really, the world might just be a little sadder, if it were not for the creativity and expression of the female. What do you believe reader(s)? I think that woman need to embrace their femininity, not as weakness, but as a strength that is all our own. It is not masculine strength, and that is good, because if we were all strong in the same thing, we would all be weak in the same thing. I think that one of the keys to feminine freedom is being around real men who are stepping up and taking their place. We need to be surrounded by men who are realizing their callings, because that frees us to do the same in our lives. Bottom line, we need each other to be complete, because that frees us to be complete ourselves. Life should be a partnership between male and female, not a composition. Women should strive to be real, whole women, and men real and whole men. In this way we can support one another in the way we need to. We can compensate for one another, its just that this saps our energy that would be better spent in other places.

So what would Jesus do reader(s)? Feed back. I want this blog to be a way of starting discussion, and finding out what others think about things. So please, let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment